If you know us at all, you know we will seize any opportunity to celebrate the moments when people are brave enough to say “fuck that” and do something different. A silky blend of 69% Zinfandel, 13% Grenache, 12% Syrah, and 6% Petite Sirah, Kid Vicious is remarkably smooth and easy drinkin’ with an earthy edge. With notes of white pepper, candied cherries, violets, and sage, this wine is meaty enough to pair with pork or lamb and juicy enough to keep on sippin’ once you reach for dessert. Seriously...this wine and a slice of warm cherry pie pairs better than an ‘80s suburban punk and his trusty Thrasher mag.
72% of our grapes were harvested from a very well-known old-vine vineyard that shall remain a mystery because naturally, we were sworn to secrecy. The remaining 28% of grapes were carefully picked from the beloved old vines of Shake Ridge Vineyard, the beautiful and secluded ranch in Amador County. The lot was 100% destemmed and fermented in stainless steel tanks, spending about 25 days on the skins. After rocking out in French Oak barrels for 18 months, we proudly welcome to the stage...Kid Vicious.
Since its birth in the '70s, punk rock has always pitted itself against mainstream politics. This label is a middle finger straight from the punk rock scene to the power that celebrity figures hold over American politics. Reagan, a once B-list cowboy, became a vilified icon in punk music during his presidency in the '80s thanks to his public disdain for the culture, forcing bands to release their own records to avoid the censorship of major labels, radio, and television. We’re commemorating this politically charged punk era with a label encapsulating everything Reagan was against: sex, drugs, and rock and roll. What could be more punk rock than that?